Florists' Review is the oldest and largest trade publication
in the floral industry and the industry’s only independent monthly
magazine for the retail/wholesale market. It is widely read in the
United States and in more than 80 countries abroad by retail
florists, wholesale suppliers, growers, manufacturers and students.
In 1897, Gilbert Leonard Grant (1859-1913) founded The
Weekly Florists' Review, as
was then titled, in Chicago. Acclaimed by a colleague as “the most
informed man on horticulture we ever met,” Mr. Grant led retail
florists through the days when flowers were stored in iceboxes,
deliveries were made by horse-drawn carriages and the all-important
Mother’s Day had yet to become a national holiday. Through Mr.
Grant’s dedication to the publishing field, ours was the first
floral magazine to use photography rather than sketches, giving
florists a true picture of what was happening in their industry.
Current president Frances Dudley bought Florists’ Review in
1987 from Allen Seidel, who also publishes American Nurseryman.
Through her direction, the company continues to provide retail and wholesale florists with valuable, in-depth information including the
latest design and retailing trends, practical marketing and customer service
advice, new products and services and a host of other topics.
Florists’ Review Enterprises comprises two office buildings in
Topeka, Kan. All services are provided at our offices with the
exception of printing.
Frances Dudley, AAF, president and publisher of Florists’ Review Enterprises, leads a team of 22 employees, many of whom have retail florist experience. Our team has more than 100 years of experience in the retail and wholesale floral industry.
1. Kylie Zellers, telesales representative
2. Judy Bent, telesales representative
3. Lori Zirkle, floral design coordinator
4. Charlotte Bishop, associate editor
5. Nicole Robinson, art director
6. LeAnne Calderwood, advertising account executive
7. Lauren Weigand, customer service representative
8. Brenda Wettengel, circulation coordinator
9. Holly Cott, art director
10. Marty Bean, telesales representative
11. Regina Goodman, administrative assistant and office manager
12. Cynthia McGowan, editor in chief and production manager
13. Mary Lou Clark, wholesale and retail florist account executive
14. Shelley Urban, senior editor
15. Darin Osterhaus, director of finance/operations
16. Lisa Strydom, advertising sales director
17. Frances Dudley, AAF, president/publisher
18. David Coake, editorial director
19. Shawn Cusolito, director of technology
20. Ralph Granger, advertising account coordinator
Not pictured: Aundria Ashkar, advertising account executive, and Mikell Lappin, graphic designer.
to contact our staff.
what we do
Mission statement: Florists’ Review Enterprises’ mission is
to be the leading publisher of information that promotes the success
of floral professionals and stimulates floral consumption.
In addition to the monthly magazine, Florists’ Review Enterprises
publishes two to four books each year and has become the industry
leader in “how-to” design books. The newest addition to our design
offerings is a set of five floral image CD’s that florists can use
in their marketing materials. These books and CD’s, along with
selected others, provide retail florists with nearly 60 titles from
which to choose in our
The company also sponsors two major contests each year. The
Retail Florist of the Year Contest, cosponsored by Wholesale
Florist & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA), is currently in its
ninth year, and the Picture-Perfect Weddings Contest
is in its 12th year. Both contests offer the opportunity for great
prizes and special recognition in Florists’ Review.
To keep abreast of trends and other information that is important to
retail florists, our staff members travel to approximately 12 trade
shows and gift markets each year. If you see one of us at one of
these events, please stop and introduce yourself. We love to hear
from our readers!
Click here to contact Florists’ Review.