WF&FSA 2012 Floral Distribution Conference Highlights
Approximately 800 attendees packed the halls for the 2012 Wholesale Florist & Florist Supplier Association (WF&FSA) Floral Distribution Conference held at the Doral Resort in Miami Fla., Oct. 24-26, where individuals were honored for their contributions.
• WF&FSA members elected Pat Dahlson, CEO of Mayesh Wholesale Florist, Inc., president.
• Nick Fronduto, COO of Jacobson Floral, was recognized for his contributions during his year as president of WF&FSA.
• David Armellini completed his term as immediate past president during the conference and was thanked for his contributions to WF&FSA during his years on the board of directors.
• Brad Beck, of Design Master Color Tool, Inc., was thanked for his three years of service as chair of the education committee and as a member of the board of directors.
• David Lisowski, who has served as treasurer of WF&FSA for the past two years, was thanked for his financial stewardship and other contributions to the organization.
• Paul Zieger of Zieger & Sons in Philadelphia received the 2012 Leland T. Kintzele Distinguished Service Award. This award is the highest honor given annually by WF&FSA and is awarded in memory of the integrity, fairness, perseverance and decisiveness of the man who served as WF&FSA’s president from 1963 to 1966.
|Charles Ingrum, center, co-owner of Dr Delphinium Designs & Events in Dallas, Texas, received the 2012 “Retail Florist of the Year” award during WF&FSA’s Floral Distribution Conference in October. At left is Talmage McLaurin, AIFD, publisher of Florists’ Review, who presented the award, and Jim Parks, of J.B. Parks Wholesale Florist, in Dallas, who nominated Dr Delphinium for the award.
Dr Delphinium Named 2012 Retail Florist of the Year
WF&FSA honored Dr Delphinium Designs & Events, in Dallas, Texas, as the 2012 Retail Florist of the Year. The “Retail Florist of the Year” contest is co-sponsored by WF&FSA and Florists’ Review. (Read our coverage of this impressive business here.)
Dr Delphinium, which is co-owned by Charles and Dayna Ingrum, was nominated by two WF&FSA members—J.B. Parks Wholesale Florist, in Dallas, and Botanica Wholesale Florist, in Irving, Texas—who both cited the company’s professionalism and customer service as reasons for their endorsements.